Working safe is a core value at Southeast Connections. A culture of safety is instilled into every employee from their first day on the job. Our objective is to make safety a way of life for our teammates not only while at work, but throughout their everyday lives. It is everyone’s responsibility and our greatest responsibility.
SEC Health, Safety, and Environmental Program
Our mission is to accomplish our work in the safest possible manner. During peak construction, Southeast Connections, LLC may be working in 10 different states. That is why a robust corporate safety culture across our geographic footprint is critical. Continually refining new ways of training our workforce, introducing innovative processes, and enforcing a safety culture that promotes risk awareness and a hazard free workplace is and always will be Southeast Connections, LLC primary focus. Our objective is to create a cohesive family on each job site, dedicated to the well-being of our teammates and those around our job sites.
- SEC has more than 35 safety professionals throughout the transmission, distribution, training, and operator qualification divisions.
- Southeast Connections, LLC has 20 evaluators for our clients’ various Operator Qualification programs. We have our own comprehensive O.Q. plan as well.
- Our Safety and Operator Qualification memberships include Veriforce, ISNetworld, NCCER, EWN, INGAA Foundation, Browz and Clock Spring.
- Southeast Connections, LLC Drug and Alcohol plan is compliant with NCMS (National Compliance Management Service, Inc).
Focused on our Environmental Future
We take our environmental responsibility seriously and are always working to find innovative solutions to reduce or eliminate any negative environmental impact. We rigorously comply with or exceed all federal, state and local regulations.
At Southeast Connections the health and safety of our employees and customers is our first priority and one of our core values. Given the fluidity of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic in the U.S. and around the world, we are proactively taking measures to protect the health and safety of our employees, our customers and the communities in which we work. At the same time, we are constantly refining our initiatives to minimize service disruptions and monitor this constantly evolving pandemic.
WE HAVE IMPLEMENTED THE FOLLOWING GUIDANCE:
- We have suspended all nonessential business travel for our employees until further notice.
- For office personnel, we are allowing employees to work from home and are conducting meetings virtually, wherever possible.
- We are following the CDC’s guidance related to travel to high-risk regions and are requiring any employee who has traveled, or been in contact with anyone who has traveled, to high-risk regions to self-quarantine for 14 calendar days following their return.
- Employees that choose to travel are required to notify Human Resources or their manager regarding their travel plans in advance, including the intended location.
- Artera Services has put a plan in place to handle an employee diagnosis of or exposure to COVID-19.
- We are actively promoting office and jobsite hygiene, and we are encouraging any employee who is sick or feels they may be getting sick to stay home.
- As there is no vaccine to prevent COVID-19, we are advising our employees to follow health authority recommendations to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol‐based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. If your hands are visibly dirty, soap and water are the preferred method.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid shaking hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- We are continually monitoring this situation as more information becomes available. We have communicated, and will continue to communicate, any updates regarding our business operations and any further required actions.