Southeast Connections LLC, provides inclusive infrastructure solutions for the natural gas industry. We construct the systems and facilities to transport the nation's cleanest burning energy resource. Southeast Connections offers complete construction services that include pipeline construction, installation, maintenance, repairs, stations, facility modification and new construction. From Senior Management to the "boots on the ground", Southeast Connections, LLC is dedicated & determined to remain the industry leader and earn continued client respect through our professionalism.
We offer excellent compensation and industry-leading benefits, such as health, dental and vision, life insurance, STD and LTD, starting on DAY 1. Eligibility for Company matching 401K benefit after 3 months of employment.
As a Purchasing Agent, you will play a vital role in ensuring the quality and cost-effectiveness of our procurement processes. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment and possesses strong organizational and negotiation skills.
- Develop and review the company's purchasing policy.
- Oversee procurement processes, including inventory management, vendor selection, and negotiations.
- Identify and evaluate prospective suppliers, collaborating with multiple departments.
- Generate and analyze forecasting schedules and documents.
- Prepare and place accurate and efficient purchase orders.
- Maintain updated records and reports.
- Track products and shipments.
- Create and manage MS Excel spreadsheets.
- Manage the purchase order log and ensure compliance with company policies.
- Procure materials for projects and source the best rates.
- Work with administrative assistants for purchase order processing
- Secure equipment needs for projects in collaboration with the fleet department.
- Track project equipment and communicate maintenance or replacement needs.
- Establish accounts in accordance with company policy.
- Schedule equipment maintenance for company-owned and rental equipment.
- Assist with work orders for mechanics.
- Manage field team members' material and personal protective equipment (PPE) needs.
- Coordinate subcontractors and aggregate deliveries with project stakeholders.
- Attend weekly update calls with Fleet and leadership teams.
- Maintain inventory of job trailers for spread teams.
- Produce reports as requested by management.
- Attend project meetings and communicate opportunities and threats.
- Assist the Estimation team with pricing needs.
- Support Project Managers with customer requirements for updates and reports.
- Track project materials and customer inventory, assess material condition, and communicate issues.
- Manage Material Test Reports (MTRs) for all materials as needed.
- Monitor equipment calibration certification to ensure compliance.
- Assist with laydown yard setup, including utilities, trailers, fuel, etc.
- Willingness to learn new assignments and be open to cross-training.
- Strong analytical, project management, process, and conceptual skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and anticipate short-term issues in a long-term planning environment.
- Ability to discover, resolve, and present business status updates across all levels of the organization.
- Understanding of inventory management best practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization.
- A high degree of credibility and integrity
- Self-starting, results-oriented individual who can work well as a team while making tough decisions when required.
- A high school diploma or bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in procurement
- Understanding of utility construction production and supply chain flow
- Sage Timberline software knowledge is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is a must.
- Valid driver's license
- Candidates selected will undergo a background check and drug screening as part of the hiring process.
- Must be eligible to work for any employer in the US.
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and may be subject to change at any time, with or without notice.