Sr. Fleet Manager
Sr. Fleet Manager
Sr. Fleet Manager
Southeast Connections LLC, provides inclusive infrastructure solutions for the natural gas industry. We construct the systems and facilities to transport the nation's cleanest burning energy resource. Southeast Connections offers complete construction services that include pipeline construction, installation, maintenance, repairs, stations, facility modification and new construction. From Senior Management to the "boots on the ground", Southeast Connections, LLC is dedicated & determined to remain the industry leader and earn continued respect from clients through our professionalism.
We offer excellent compensation and industry-leading benefits, such as health, dental and vision, life insurance, STD and LTD starting on DAY 1. Eligibility for Company matching 401K benefit after 3 months of employment.
The Senior Fleet Manager oversees and maintains the organization’s fleet of cars, trucks, and equipment of Southeast Connections LLC. This position is responsible for the development and implementation of strategies to support the most cost-effective planning, acquisition, maintenance, and deployment of fleet assets. The Senior Fleet Manager directs the development of a total cost model to minimize the operating cost of the organizations, including the determination of outsourcing, supplier and vehicle selection, and performance.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for directing the deployment, operations, and maintenance of all motor vehicles and equipment both owned and leased by the Southeast Connections LLC.
- Drafts and presents reports on department operations and expenses.
- Prepares and implements departmental budget.
- Must have a thorough understanding of finance and accounting relating to the acquisition (purchase or lease) of vehicles and the impact on the Company’s balance sheet.
- Oversees development of schedules and procedures for and ensures adherence to routine maintenance and non-routine repair of all vehicles and equipment in the company’s fleet.
- Directs fleet operations and scheduling to ensure the availability of vehicles and equipment when needed.
- Oversees or delegates responsibility for the day-to-day workflow of the department and staff.
- Collaborates with supervisors and staff to manage and reduce expenses such as fuel and labor costs.
- Establishes a schedule for recommended replacement of fleet vehicles.
- Develop and enforce procedures, policies, and safety protocols for all fleet services staff.
- Oversees or delegates creation and management of plans to ensure all fleet maintenance is up to DOT and company standards.
- Manages department personnel including but not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and correcting employee conduct.
- Directs the operation of fleet facilities in different states.
- Partners with executives and leaders across Southeast Connections LLC relative to the operations of the fleet.
- Communicates the Company’s safety vision.
- Remains up to date on state and federal workplace safety regulations
Qualifications/Special Knowledge Skills:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of fleet management and operations.
- Excellent managerial and supervisory skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience managing a staff of 50+ employees in a multi-site environment.
- Ability to prepare and adhere to a budget and to monitor and reduce expenses.
- Action-oriented and result-driven.
- Effectively addresses conflict. Displays personal integrity in all communications and actions.
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills. Must have the ability to identify issues, analyze data, and develop, recommend, and implement solutions.
- Knowledge of local motor vehicle laws, OSHA, CDL, DOT, and other pertinent regulatory requirements is essential
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- BSc/MSc in relevant field or Certifications- CEM preferred
- 5+ years of work experience as a Director of Fleet, Fleet Manager, or similar role.
- Experience in the natural gas distribution industry preferred.
- Valid Driver's license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms.
- Able and willing to outside of normal hours.
- Able to walk, lift, reach, stoop, stand, grasp, balance, climb, kneel, crouch, and lift up to 25 pounds frequently.
- Able to sit at a desk and working on computer for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to travel.
- Competitive salary packages
- Career advancement opportunities
- Comprehensive benefit program which includes Health, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance that starts on first day of employment.
- Employer Matching 401k program.
- Paid Time Off and an incredible work environment.
- Referral Bonuses.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.