Southeast Connections LLC, provides inclusive infrastructure solutions for the natural gas industry. We construct the systems and facilities to transport the nation's cleanest burning energy resource. Southeast Connections offers complete construction services that include pipeline construction, installation, maintenance, repairs, stations, facility modification and new construction. From Senior Management to the "boots on the ground", Southeast Connections, LLC is dedicated & determined to remain the industry leader and earn continued respect from clients through our professionalism.
As a Fuser/Pipefitter you will install, troubleshoot, and maintain underground gas distribution piping systems in a safe and timely manner.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Construct, install, and maintain piping systems, and equipment for natural gas utilities.
- Join piping by means of fusion, electrofusion, or mechanical coupled joints.
- Verify specifications by performing quality assurance tests.
- Maintain all industry-required Operator Qualifications.
- Ensure all project work is compliant with installation standards and is being performed safely and correctly.
- Promote and monitor the safety of team members.
- Prepare sites to ensure maximum optimization of construction work procedures.
- Clean debris, trash, and hazardous materials from construction sites.
- Load and unload equipment and materials from trucks for daily projects; restock trucks with supplies ensuring crews have the proper tools and supplies to complete the job; distribute materials at the job site in a safe and efficient manner.
- Prepare ground trenches for pipes and utility lines; dig spread and level dirt and gravel using a pick, rake, shovel, etc.
- Assist in installing pipes and drains; measure and mark pipes for cutting; join, wrap, seal, and bed sections of underground pipe.
- Erect temporary structures.
- Fill potholes to facilitate the construction process.
- Use hand tools to cut and shape material as per instructions.
- Identify utilities and potential hazards; protect dig crews from utility hits and assist in manually digging.
- Place traffic signs to warn traffic of construction in process.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery.
- Clean and maintain construction equipment and company vehicles appropriately.
- Ensure that all work being done is in compliance with the company’s safety protocols.
- Assist the tradesmen in completing their skilled tasks safely and efficiently.
- Understands when to wear personnel protective equipment.
- Ensures that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed. Brings problems to the attention of the Foreman or Supervisor.
Qualifications/Special Knowledge Skills:
- Ability to read and understand plans, specifications, safety, and quality standards, and effectively utilize all tools and equipment relevant to the work.
- Ability to detect unsafe or hazardous conditions of equipment and work environment.
- Skill to operate equipment in close proximity to workers and underground utilities
- Precise hand-eye coordination
- Display a willing attitude to learn from others.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- High school diploma or GED. Any vocational training is strongly desired.
- Prior experience in the gas utility industry.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Able to walk, lift, reach, stoop, stand, grasp, balance, climb, kneel, crouch, and lift up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Able to bend, squat, stand and twist in awkward positions for extended periods.
- Able to use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support.
- Able and willing to work long hours including day, night, and weekend shifts as needed, and work outside of normal hours.
- Able to travel to project sites that are typically within a 4-hour radius of the home office.
- Able to work in outside environments being subjected to extreme weather, noise, vibrations, and job hazards.
- Competitive salary packages
- Career advancement opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits program which includes Health, Dental, Disability, and Life Insurance that starts on the first day of employment.
- Employer Matching 401k program.
- Paid Time Off and an incredible work environment.
- Referral Bonuses.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Southeast Connections, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.